Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Makana's Colorful Skirt

My daughter Makana is 5 and loves anything colorful especially rainbows.  She thinks rainbows are the greatest thing ever.  Everything she wears has to be bright and colorful.  She wanted me to make her a skirt and she wanted to pick out the fabrics herself. 


This is what she picked out.  I thought... well, that is interesting.  The best thing to do with this combo of fabric is to make a tiered skirt.   I chose a layered tiered skirt from Tenderfeet Stitches. I love this pattern.  The instructions are easy to follow and there are so many options to customize your skirt.


This is how it turned out.  I think the fabric combination actually works. 


I made a cupcake shirt to match.


Miss M. thinks its perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter's choice of fabrics works well, Jill!!! The skirt is adorable and the t-shirt with cupcake is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Your daughter picked perfect fabrics and the matching cupcake t-shirt complements the skirt beautifully!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete