I love thrifting and garage sales. They are a great source of creativity. Recently I found this shirt made beautiful green plaid. It was a size XXL and you know what that means, lots of fabric. Better yet it was only 50 cents. I knew I had to make a pair of shorts from this shirt.
The only problem was that it had a big stain on the bottom front. I figured I could work around it.
So I deconstructed the shirt.
Cut out my pattern and sewed it together.
I had planned on using the front pocket as a rear pocket for the shorts, but with an XXL shirt comes an XXL pocket. It was much too big for a size 4 shorts.
I ended up using it as a side pocket instead. I think it worked out perfect.